I am a software entrepreneur, consultant and an active board member.
One of my earlier position was a professor of Software Product Business at Helsinki University of Technology. My areas of expertise (i.e., areas of both research and industrial experience) include
- software capability development,
- software business models,
- risk management,
- software business planning and strategies,
- productization of software and software -related services,
- management of the software enterprise,
- internationalization of a software company,
- technology and due diligence reviews,
- software process improvement, and, finally,
- leveraging software architectures.
I get a kick out of making an impact and doing this well.
My research activities have included knowledge-based systems, COTS based development, and software measurement.
Before my university position, I spent over 20 years in software and telecommunications industry, including 15 years at Nokia Corporation in research and managerial positions. I have also been a senior researcher at the Experimental Software Engineering Group at University of Maryland (1994-1996) and completed my doctoral dissertation under the guidance of Professor Victor R. Basili.
I have a Ms.Sc. degree in Business Administration (MIS) from Helsinki School of Economics and Business Administration in (1987), and I completed my Licentiate in Technology degree (1995) and Doctor in Technology degree (2001) at Helsinki University of Technology, both of the latter degrees were awarded with honors.
I have been actively involved in the software engineering and software business research communities, I have been a member of several program committees, and have published a number of academic papers.
Details of my experience and capabilities are available on the links on this page.